Pickering, North York Moors
Details for Eastgate Cottages
Eastgate Cottages are located in and around Pickering and the North Yorkshire Moors. These quality holiday cottages offer self catering accommodation in fantastic locations sleeping 2-10 in one to five bedroom properties.
We are a small privately owned business with twelve of our own cottages and a selection of others that we have chosen to offer on behalf of their owners. We have one special needs unit, most have ensuite facilities and many have log burning stoves and other period features. Our cottages are an ideal base for exploring or walking the North Yorkshire coast, countryside and moors, enjoying the North Yorkshire Moors Steam Railway, or just relaxing in comfort. Fantastic for summer or winter holidays, weekend breaks, short breaks or a long relaxing cottage holiday in a fabulous luxury cottage. Below is a sample of the properties we have.
1. The Old Farmhouse - Pickering – sleeps 7. The Old Farmhouse dates back over 300 years and retains its original charm and character with huge beams, open fires and original window seats. This property accommodates a maximum of seven in three bedrooms.
2. Bransdale Cottage - Pickering – sleeps 4. This fabulous 200 year old grade 2 listed period cottage has just been completely renovated. It has been fitted to an exceptionally high specification retaining and restoring the many period features including beams and an original window seat.
3. Farndale Cottage - Pickering – sleeps 2. This ground level cottage has no steps, it is designed with wide doors and other features which gives this cottage a level 2 mobility rating. Charming character, original beams, a wood burning stove and lovely big bay window...
4. Hartoft Cottage -Pickering – sleeps 2. This fabulous, 200 year old, grade 2 listed period cottage has been fitted to an exceptionally high specification retaining and restoring the many period features. Traditional cottage charm is combined with a luxurious and contemporary decor
5. Rowntree Cottage - Levisham Station – sleeps 2 Lovely cosy one bedroom cottage converted from old stone outbuildings. This cottage is really charming with lots of beams and a log burning stove. Upstairs in the eaves is a double room with en-suite bathroom, power shower over bath.
6. Kings Head – Pickering (sleeps 3/4 ) A 17th Century, Grade II listed cottage, which together with the Old Kings Head Cottage next door was originally a cruck-built longhouse. The rear of the cottage adjoins the attractive grounds of the parish church, set in the heart of the market town of Pickering.
7. Ivy House – Pickering (sleeps 10+3) Ivy House is a lovely Georgian property in the centre of Pickering. Completely re-furbished to an extremely high standard. This spacious property is full of original features, together with up to date luxuries. Ideal for family holidays or a get together with family and friends. Off road parking and garden at the rear.
A little more about the towns & villages… Pickering: Pickering is a lovely market town and home to the North Yorkshire Steam Railway. It is also a great base from which to enjoy the area being within easy drive of the coast, the North Yorkshire Moors National Park and the many places to visit Castle Howard and Duncombe Park to name two of many. Levisham: In the North Yorkshire Moors National Park it is a pretty village of stone properties with wide grass verges with easy access to the moors. Nunnington: A small picturesque village, and home to Nunnington Hall which is a National Trust property.
This listing has been viewed 18060 times.